Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm a sucker for continental breakfasts and love having the luxury of time and a world of an appetite for a lazy breakfast on a weekend. Which is why when I was up surprisingly early on a Sunday morning with a "I'm so hungry, I can eat a Hippogriff" kind of appetite, I decided to indulge in a breakfast buffet that would calm my stomach down.

I've tried the typical fare of all weekend breakfast places - Hole in the Wall, Cafe Terra, Ants Cafe, Pecos (yes, they do serve continental breakfast along with a delicious Chicken Stew with Appam) and was frankly, looking to get more on my palate. Which is why I decided to go to Taj Vivanta instead. I've been to Taj for breakfast only once before, and found it lovely, and I decided that it was worth the indulgence this time as well.

We walked in by around 8:30 a.m. to a half-full Cafe Mozaic and I wanted to sit by the pool side, but was informed that it was closed. I was irked with that, because nothing speaks bliss like a glass of orange juice on a Sunday morning by a serene pool side and stuffing your face with pork sausages and strips of fatty bacon.

Anyway, I dived straight in to the buffet - they have 101 items on the table, so it's a LOT to take in. They really do have everything from Indian to Continental to Asian food. You'll find live counters of Masala Dosas, Appams and even Paranthas. Idlis, chutneys, Puris, were all nicely served up. First things first, I packed my plate with a couple of pork sausages, bacon strips, ham slices, hash brown, baked beans, mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, some cheese and toast. Not too much, I like keeping it simple.

First round of the breakfast buffet


The sheer number of options for the breakfast buffet is overwhelming. If you love food as much as I do and are as Indian as I am, you are likely to hop around every counter and get something on to your plate not just because you're hungry, but you feel that this is your money's worth. And it is. *evil parsimonious grin*

Poached eggs on toast.



Love at first slice.
I think the bacon here has a halo and is blessed with divine light. Hallelujah!

Grilled Tomatoes and lovely Hash Browns

The spread also included a lovely chicken stew for your appams, smoked salmon, cut fruit counters, endless cereals along with fried rice and noodles with accompanying sauces (I never went to any of these counters, btw, because I can't digest the idea of rice for breakfast, and why on earth am I at Taj to eat fruit and cereal?).

Cheeses from around the world.
The fruit counter that I stood far away from.



The Indian side of things.
Slowly and steadily, I began to stuff myself by eating whatever my stomach could take. I took little breaks in between, and then resumed my buffet devouring session. After no more space for bacon that could give me a heart attack, I settled on a simple waffle with chocolate chips. My friend was already too full (and he ate less than half of what I did, what a pity), and he wasn't even willing to take a bite out of the waffle.

Waffle with gooey chocolate chips


The waffle was nice and warm and I liked the idea of gooey chocolate chips inside the waffle. Topped with maple syrup, this completed my Sunday breakfast beautifully. I wish I had more space to have also tried their pancakes, but I was certain that I would have burst if I had tried anything more.



To sum it up, the breakfast is pretty darn awesome and I love the wide variety of food offered. The quality of the food here stands apart, well, because they're the Taj, but they rank high in taste of food, service and ambience. I do wish they would have served more cold cuts though - nothing like meat, cheese and fruit for a great start to your morning.

Food - 8/10
Service - 10/10
Ambience - 8/10 (it gets a 10 when I'm allowed to sit by the poolside)
Verdict: For the love of food, go already.

The breakfast at Cafe Mozaic is priced at Rs.800 per head (all inclusive of taxes). This is totally worth it, especially for the price point. The breakfast buffet is available from 7:30 - 10:30 a.m. on weekends.

P.S. Apologies for the crappy pictures. I was lazily clicking them with my phone, but my priority was to eat, rather than click.

Cafe Mozaic is located at Vivanta By Taj, 41/3, MG Road, Bangalore - 560001



6 comments:

  1. Mouthwatering but many on sundays after Late night Partys get up only at Dinner. Encouraging for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but on those rare occasions when you do wake up early on a Sunday morning, this might be the nicest place to go to for a lovely breakfast. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi nice blog. Thanks for posting.Chocolate taste is most unforgettable experience when Hens participate in hen nights in London.

    hen nights in london & hen party london

    ReplyDelete
  3. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep these in my mind!

    hen do london & hen parties in london

    ReplyDelete
  4. Useful information like this one must be kept and maintained so I will put this one on my bookmark list! Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this!

    male strip show & male strip clubs london

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! This Breakfast at Cafe Mozaic looks simply mouthwatering. I am truly very impressed to read these reviews. Have been looking for such awesome party venues for my birthday but not getting anything good locally.

    ReplyDelete